Tour and Event Registration
The 2019 summer newsletter and tour guide is out! (Read our Summer Newsletter HERE). Members receive priority registration for tours until Monday, May 13.
Tour registration opens to non-members after the lottery has concluded (near or on May 20). Please call the office for availability, as a first-come, first-served wait list is kept on all tours. As cancellations occur, we will fill spots on tours via the wait list.
Tours fill quickly and we highly recommend becoming a member to take advantage of priority registration and discounted rates.
During the priority registration period, members must fill out a TOUR REQUEST FORM to be included in the lottery process that will commence on May 13, 2019.
Event Registration (Greystone Concert, Annual Meeting, Summer Soiree, and Awards Luncheon) is immediately available to members and non-members and tickets for some events may be purchased in the AARCH Storefront. You may also register for events by contacting Virginia.
TOUR REGISTRATION POLICY
Reservations for AARCH tours and events are made through a registration process that begins with the release of this summer tour schedule. Requests from current AARCH members only will be accepted until Monday, May 13, 2019 at 12:00 pm. At that time, the early AARCH member priority reservation window will close. We highly recommend submitting requests before May 13.
Reservation requests may be submitted by telephone, mail, email, fax, or in person. Please use the enclosed Request Form if possible. Requests from members and non-members received after 12:00 pm on May 13 will be honored in the order they are received.
Please do not send payment with reservation requests. Participants will be invoiced with their confirmation letter.
NEW in 2019 – Payment is due immediately upon confirmation of tour requests. Reservations are secured by prompt payment. Prepayment for all tours and events is required and non-payment may result in the forfeiture of your reservation. Payment will not be accepted on the day of the tour.
REGISTRATION AND CONFIRMATION
Due to a high volume of requests, AARCH tours are filled through a lottery process unless otherwise noted. All requests received by 12:00 pm on Monday, May 13 are placed into a hopper and randomly drawn. Participants will be notified by phone or email of their confirmed reservations within several days of completion of the lottery process. Please contact the office if you do not hear from us by end of day on Friday, May 24.
Advanced registration is required for all events unless otherwise noted, as space on AARCH tours is limited. When tours fill we automatically place names on a waiting list. As cancellations occur, we notify those on the waiting list in the order that their requests were received.
NEW in 2019 – A full refund will be given to those unable to attend a tour or event only if we are notified at least 30 days prior to the event. Exceptions to this policy will not be made for any reason. If you must cancel a tour within the 30-day cancellation window, AARCH will consider your payment a donation and will issue the corresponding donation receipt.
In the rare event that AARCH must cancel a scheduled tour, we will issue a refund promptly, via the method of payment initially used.
AARCH tours, workshops, and special events are led by scholars, professionals, and knowledgeable volunteers. They are enjoyable learning experiences and help raise funds to support our preservation mission. Please read the following carefully, as some instructions have changed:
- Many tours require a fair amount of walking or stamina. Please be respectful of our guides and other participants and ensure that you are physically able to participate in the outing as described. Please contact AARCH if you need more information about the type of physical activity required for each individual tour.
- Lunch and beverages are NOT included on tours unless otherwise noted. Please plan to bring your own lunch and beverage and know that you may also need to carry it for the duration of the tour.
- Each participant is allowed a total of four reservations per tour, unless otherwise noted in the tour schedule.
- When submitting your tour request form please include the names of other people in your party in order to avoid duplications and double bookings.
- Pets are not allowed on AARCH tours.
- AARCH tours are held rain or shine and we will not cancel due to weather unless there is a severe weather emergency. There are no rain dates for any AARCH event. Please plan to dress appropriately for the variable weather conditions of the Adirondacks.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes.